Saturday, January 17, 2015

Getting Started

When I first came up with the idea it was nothing more than a question: Why doesn't someone set up a community garden in northeast Amarillo? Then I heard the ad on the radio for the contest and started bouncing ideas off of the people around me.

Prior to entering the contest I started researching the process, but information wasn't always easy to come by, and most of it was vague. I read everything I could find on the topic and spoke to a horticulture teacher about the idea as well as spending a lot of phone time ferreting out info on the logistics of setting one up.

I already knew that creating a community garden wouldn't be as simple as digging up some dirt and planting a few seeds. To call that an understatement is an understatement.

Through this blog I will try to outline the processes necessary and the progress of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment